“Motion in Action” Home Exercise Program
“Motion in Action” is a heart fitness program designed by Dr. Chris Lai and a team of health care professionals from Curan’s Heart Centre that you can participate in from the comfort of your own home.
The heart fitness program includes a series of exercises designed to strengthen your heart and help prevent cardiovascular disease. The free in-home program can be customized for various levels of fitness and heart health. Everyone is welcome to participate.
The program will offer free resources including:
- Heart Health Monitoring
- Mentorship and guidance by health care professionals
- Heart Assessments
- Exercise booklets and demonstrations
- Online support
The program will begin in February 2021 and you can register at any time by contacting Kayla Waddington, Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Kayla if you would like further information on the program or to discuss your participation.
Click on the Following Link to download: Motion in Action Introductory Booklet
Motion in Action Introductory booklet containing information on:
- Cardiovascular disease in our region
- Heart attack warning signs
- Heart Rate
- The Borg Scale (RPE)
- Blood pressure
- Pre-exercise checklist
- Exercise guidelines
- Assistive resources on diet, smoking, and mental health support
Videos– Click on the links to watch videos that will guide you through some easy in-home exercises.
Videos have been made available through the generosity of the Central East Regional Cardiovascular Rehab. Regional Cardiovascular Rehab – Get heart healthy
- Warm Up Exercise– Your warmup should last between 3 to 5 minutes; however, some people may need a slightly longer warmup.
- Seated Yoga Exercises- Have a stable chair or surface available for support.
- Floor Yoga- Take breaks when needed and be mindful of your breathing.
- Balance Training- Complete 8 to 10 repetitions. Perform daily.
- Flexibility- Hold each stretch for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat 1 to 2 times.
- Resistance Training– Always complete a warmup and a cool down before and after resistance training.